Reporting to: Head Chef
Key areas of responsibility:
- Helping to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen by assisting efficiently with a variety of operations and tasks
- Ensuring cleaning tasks are carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Keeping washing up area organised
- Playing a vital part in ensuring our customers have the best possible experience
The role includes:
- Collecting and washing up items used for cooking and food preparation
- Collecting and cleaning crockery, glassware and cutlery used in the cafe
- Cleaning food preparation areas and equipment
- Operating the dishwasher and maintaining its cleanliness and efficient working order
- Cleaning floors in the kitchen and cold room
- Collecting, sorting and disposing of waste in accordance with the waste policy
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the waste disposal area
- Ensuring dirty laundry is processed and that adequate supplies of clean laundry are available
- Basic maintenance of equipment e.g. cleaning/changing filters
- Specified deep clean tasks at the prescribed frequency
- Maintaining stocks of cleaning products
- End of shift cleaning and tidying routine
- Basic food preparation tasks
The personal skills that is required for the job:
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Assistants will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- Knowledge of cleaning products and equipment, their uses and application.
- Flexibility to adjust to workflows and envisage and pre-empt issues and backlogs before they arise.